Saturday, August 01, 2009

Nelson's Wedding

My brother Nelson got married to Krissy in Oceanside, California a couple weeks ago. It was a beautiful wedding next to the ocean, and I'm very excited to have Krissy be a part of the family. It was also great to see some of my extended family there as we are all spread out over the greater united states.

while driving through california eric saw a sign for 20 avocados for $5!!! unfortunately, the day we were leaving the avocado stand was not there, so we didn't get to bring any back with us.

on the recovery side of things: I'm still using a cane but walking with only a minor limp now. i started physical therapy (Yay!) and am getting stronger by the day. I also started lap swimming and riding a stationary bike- both activities feel so liberating and good for me. i'm doing extremely modified yoga for myself- just trying to stretch the ole body back out. i still can't touch my toes on the right side and have considerable pain attempting a straight leg raise. My physical therapist believes that i have now given myself an over-use injury in my right hip flexor. b/c all the other muscles in my hip are so weakened from the surgery, the hip flexor has been doing overtime to help me move. now it's pissed. so i have some inflammation there along with quite a bit of pain. its' frustrating though b/c what hip muscle strengthing exercises don't involve the hip flexor? so how to strengthen the hip without affecting the hip flexor?? i'm realizing patience will be my biggest step toward total healing.

here are some of eric's photos of the weekend in california:




Baby Esther- she never did smile for the camera....


trying to capture the moment with a wave in the background.



Eric and I- our 4th year anniversary!



Nelson and Krissy



The Family



My nephew Elliot



Cousins



Mom and I after the rehearsal



Eric and baby Esther


My sister Miranda and brother in law Darin with a squirmy baby!



My dashing nephew Adrian


This one is my favorite!


cousins!



My Uncle Larry helping Mom out with the moves

3 comments:

Emily said...

Congrats to your brother!! I love the dress that you wore - so cute. :) I'm also glad that you're getting stronger each day... yes, patience is the key! Take care.

Cindy Lofton said...

what beautiful pics! and i agree with emily, your dress is super cute! and you look radiant! i think nelson resembles derek webb, but that's just me. i love the one of your nephew by himself, that is a great pic! anyway, so glad you're doing better with rehab and even rode your bike! awesome. hang in there!

Chris Johnson said...

Thanks for sharing the photos Polly! Loved them all. They all tell a/the story. Loved the one of Nelson and Krissy together, and the flowers and colours are gorgeous. Every 7-8th wave is a big one - amazed you and Nelson weren't drenched. Nice photo of you both. Finally, the photo of your mum dancing with Uncle so and so is priceless!!! LOL