Sunday, July 12, 2009

Penguin Game!

Any time I have needed just a little stimulation for a brief(or long!) period of boredom, the penguin game has come to my rescue. I was never allowed to play nintendo growing up, and i thought that now, at the ripe age of 26, it would be a good time to learn. we've had trouble trying to round up a genuine old super mario nintendo game and system however. i tried nintendo 64 and couldn't figure out which way was forward or how to use the wand/paddle thingie and my hope was dwindling for learning the nintendo art. eric saved the day with introducing the penguin game to me. it's exactly like mario brothers except it was reverse programmed with linux (however you spell it) and a penguin is the star, not a little man named mario. except for that everything, absolutely everything is exactly the same. eric got it offline somewhere so i play iton the lap top with the arrow keys and have passed eric in the number of levels i have dominated (i'm pretty proud of that) my mom was afraid i was getting addicted, but i'm pretty sure i'll be fine without little penguin guy when i can actually walk.




one more level before bedtime please!!



sweet! i'm about to get flower power! (remember, the power to shoot the little bad guys?)



i had my first day back at work last saturday. it was long, but mostly pain free and i was very excited and pleased at how well it actually went. i'm working in our 23 hour short stay unit until september when i will hopefully be running around sufficiently to work in the main ER. still on 2 crutches awaiting july 22 when i have my post-op xray to show my bone completely healed. then i'll start physical therapy. yeah!!

1 comment:

MDacus said...

We made it back to AR this evening, went for a short bike ride in the COOL evening. It is ~80 degrees here!! About as cool as it was there.

I hope you are continuing to make good progress, from what I hear you are.

We had a good trip home....Anasazi Cultural Center, Chimney Rock archeological area was neat too. Some good hikes around Pagosa Springs, "summited" a ~12,000 foot peak. BEAUTIFUL day, just a light breeze on top. Keep us posted.