Friday, May 05, 2006

recommendations please

i am in need of entertaining, 'beach' books for my night shifts. please send me any recommendations you might have for the latest and greatest good book you've read. it can't be too deep, and it can't really be very spiritual b/c i get lost at night trying to get deep with books. so if you have a highly exciting, fun book to read send me the title and author so ican read it during my night shifts. it's the best way to pass the time. the harry potter books rocked (if that gives you any idea for how highly educated and exotic the books are that i read during these shifts...)

4 comments:

drewc said...

the po! its drew (yes that was my blog you left a comment on, and i check it). There are two great books by Jhumpa Lahiri one is short stories (interpreter of maladies, won the pulitzer) and one is a novel (the namesake) - and J.D. Salinger's "Raise High th eRoof Bean, Carpenters and Seymour an Introduction" is great, if you've never read it. yeah for you!

*g* said...

maybe you could read some star wars books-- jokes! john grisham always writes good books. and if you could ever find this book, i just know you would love Daisy Fae and the Miracle Man by Fannie Flagg. i pee my pants laughing every time i read it (no really, that is just an expression).

Brian Hirschy said...

Well, Ive been reading like a mad man because I ACTUALLY had a week off last week and I read 4 books... Unfortunately 2 of them were Tibetan HIstory books, one of them was a book on Buddhism and the other was a book by Steve Martin of all people called "The pleasures of my company." It was not the best book i have ever read but for some reason I got it and it was pretty good nonetheless. Maybe read a book called "Dragon in the Land of the Snows" or read a book called "Mao"

I sound like a history freak

Brian Hirschy said...

Well, Ive been reading like a mad man because I ACTUALLY had a week off last week and I read 4 books... Unfortunately 2 of them were Tibetan HIstory books, one of them was a book on Buddhism and the other was a book by Steve Martin of all people called "The pleasures of my company." It was not the best book i have ever read but for some reason I got it and it was pretty good nonetheless. Maybe read a book called "Dragon in the Land of the Snows" or read a book called "Mao"

I sound like a history freak