Tuesday, May 06, 2008

What You Can Do- Simplification

This is an awesome website. Click on the presentation, and after you have watched that, click on the 10 Things You Can Do. The presentation takes about 15 minutes, however it is well worth your time. I think we all have to be on board with taking care of our planet, and consuming less. Putting yourself on a budget is a great way of helping yourself consume less and save more! As we have been packing up to move, i've been thinking a lot about stuff. we have so much of it, and i'm not even a pack rat. actually,, i'm rather ruthless when it comes to throwing things away (eric watches my every trash can). but not having stuff also helps simplify life. i want to look around our house and see that every thing we have has a function and purpose and is used very often, if not daily. i've already made several runs to the thrift store with stuff, and every box i drop off is a load off my mind. i can't believe how i have come to value things and what they supposedly make me. i'm feeling more and more simple with every thing i give away. i've also given a lot more thought to every thing i buy. i want to buy only the things i need and the things that serve daily purpose in my life. that way both my mind and my life maintain a clutter-free environment. please go to the site!

www.storyofstuff.com

No comments: