Monday, January 01, 2007

New Years Events 2007


Katie and Alex (Alyssa's Baby boy), Alyssa, Me, and Liz at New Year's Sushi Party

Bridget and i enjoying that sushi!

Katie and i are at the top of Summit Park in Park city

Garrett and Mark rolling the sushi at our new years party

Lacy, Annie and Sahale, Bridget and me at new years

Our friends Tyler and Alyssa and i touring up Summit Park New years Eve

Eric and i in Summit park New years eve



The past few days have gone by very quickly with the advent of pilsner, seeing friends, touring in the backcountry, and trying to sleep somewhere in there. I had the best new years i've ever had with a bunch of well loved and enjoyed friends here in Salt lake. What a difference a year can make! New years eve we spent with our good friends Tyler and Alyssa touring in Summit Park near Park City. They recently had a baby (6 wks!) and Alyssa was already out pushing herself up the hillside. New Years Eve was spent at our house rolling Sushi. Just about everyone dear to me in Salt Lake was there which made for a very wonderful evening. Today (new years) Lacy and i are touring up Little cottonwood canyon- hopefully it will become a tradition! I've had plenty of time to be out in the snow and powder of utah, however i am still learning how to keep my snowboard above the powder. it is much more like surfing than it is skiing or anything else. i usually fall a lot and it takes a lot of effort to get out of the 3 foot powder hole i create by falling. i am learning however. this will hopefully be the last season i am snowboarding though as i want to buy a telemark set up. i've never truly enjoyed snowboarding, it was just easiest on my knees. but next year i am going for the ultimate backcountry set up by using a telemark (free heel) ski. eric already skis this way, and i am looking forward to it.

i hope you all have a wonderful New Year- it's a new beginning!

3 comments:

miranda said...

man, your hair is getting long!! fun pix

erinelizabeth said...

Happy New Year, friend! It's been forever since I've talked to you, and I am really sad that I missed you and Eric when you were in Arkansas. I rejoice that you've made a life for yourself in SLC. God has been so generous in blessing you with the friends you and Eric have. I wish I could see your smiling face sitting across from me over two cups of hot tea and hear your voice ever-full of excitement. I miss you. Tell your wonderful husband I said hello. And say hi to the wooty for me.

Garrett said...

Your new dog is awesome! Thanks for getting it so we can all hang out with it. Thanks for the good times and place to hang out on New Years. We really enjoyed it.